Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The French Revolution on Youtube 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post The French Revolution on Youtube
Here is a link to a 31 episode film about the French Revolution. You can download it with realplayer which is free to download. It is the most realistic film I have seen about this subject and even though it is in French any other language can follow the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRBxR-f ... re=related

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 pm
Noble
Noble

Post Re: The French Revolution on Youtube
A wonderful movie you can find on DVD. And i think there's an english version on the DVD.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Hello again D'eon I downloaded the French version a long time ago from youtube and think it is a wonderful film also. Thank you for posting the link of where I can buy your book about Rosalie Lamorliere. She was an important person in the life of the Queen and I feel so sad she died alone and it seems unmourned by her family.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Interesting.

I'm always interested to note how documentaries/movies about the Revolution always show Robespierre's address to the King. The mistake this film makes, of course, that it portrays him as a young boy, when in fact he was 17. Nonetheless, it's probably more accurate than the American History (Channel?) documentary on YouTube (9 parts). It features some fantastic historians, such as Evelyn Lever, Lynn Hunt (she, by the way, is one of my favourites), a few other American lecturers/professors, and of course, William Doyle. Yet it glosses over many important details, and in my opinion, highlights far too much Robespierre's part to play in the Revolution.

I'm of the mind that Robespierre only was very important from 1794 onwards; but even any historian will acknowledge that his part in the aforementioned video is overdone. Also, it doesn't seem to talk about details, very much. Oh well. This one looks interesting - I just have to find out a way to watch it without having to pay too much to my internet provider!

We had a beautiful dream and that was all.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]