Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 rosalie Lamorliere the Queens last servant 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: rosalie Lamorliere the Queens last servant
I'm glad to say that Rosalie now has her own page on Wikipedia, at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalie_Lamorlière

I just quickly put it together - more information can be added, especially when someone manages to read Monsieur Miserole's book. I can be messaged at any time, if you have any information with a source behind it, and I will be able to write and establish it further on Wikipedia - on the other hand, you can just go ahead and edit the page yourself.

Hopefully everything I've mentioned so far on the page is true!

We had a beautiful dream and that was all.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Oh Monsieur Etiquette that was the first thing I did was go into the Wikipedia. Last night I also practiced using an online translater and wow it really works, however a bit of tidying up would be needed. I retire next month and hopefully will have time to scan the book into PDF format then convert to Tiff and then into word. I practiced doing this on Friday. Then the fun will begin with the translating. I am getting more and more obsessed with this lady now

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

She's not really an area of expertise for me, so please correct me on any details if I have been mistake, Maggie. I just felt that Rosalie deserved her own page, and so created it. :)

I have a Reviewer's position on Wikipedia, and do frequently edit the Marie Antoinette page, so if you have anything to add - particularly sources from Lenotre's book, which you have read so far - please let me know, or you can change it yourself if you would prefer.

Also, I just redirected "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalie_Lamorliere" to her proper page, which has the grave accent, as I suspect that many will not be able to so quickly include the accent into her name.

Last edited by Monsieur Etiquette on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:34 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Also, it would be nice to have an image of her, so if anyone has a (preferably public domain) image of her, please do let me know.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I will find Lenotres description of Rosalie's interview when she lived at the Hospice for the Incurables and convert to a word document. I have been trying to buy D'eon's book several times and either end up with 3 or 4 of them in the basket or can't find a button to press to buy with Paypal. We have a new French engineer just started at my work and will ask him to help me tomorrow.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am
Noble
Noble

Thank you very much Monsieur Etiquette! You've done such a great job. It's good to know that more and more people in the world will be able to know Rosalie.

Attachments:
rosalie.jpg
rosalie.jpg [ 30.97 KiB | Viewed 4634 times ]
Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:50 pm
Noble
Noble

I managed to post the cover of the book to let you see the painting i mentionned in a precedent message. the painting is titled Marie-Antoinette, le matin de son exécutuion. The painter is Tony Robert Fleury.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

d'eon wrote:
I managed to post the cover of the book to let you see the painting i mentionned in a precedent message. the painting is titled Marie-Antoinette, le matin de son exécutuion. The painter is Tony Robert Fleury.

Hello D'eon again. You mentioned visiting Rosalie's little room where she died. Did you take a photo or can you describe it. I hope she got her wish and was buried with her precious sheet with the Queen's relices sewn onto it.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 am
Noble
Noble

Yes i managed to take some photos but now it's private. The owner made me promise to keep it for myself and not to use it. But... you seem to be so interested in...

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:58 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Perhaps you could send it privately to those who would agree to not reduplicate it, and to view it just for private and sheer interest? That way you honour the agreement.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 am
Noble
Noble

I've just send some of them to Maggie :wink:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3