Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 For the Budgeting Filmmaker, or fan... 
Noble
Noble

Post For the Budgeting Filmmaker, or fan...
[i]Being the amateur film director that I am, I have found many cost effective ways to create an authentic Rococo look, on a low budget.

Clothing: A simple 1800s style dress (which usually comes cheaper, and with a more authentic feel) can easily be turned into a Chemise a la Reine, with a sash. Costume store dresses made of Nylon, and etc., can be tweeked. And for angles from the waist-up, sexy Marie Antoinette costumes, as well as Lolita dresses can pass for the real style.

Accessories: Accessories easily found at any thrift store; Miniature hats, oddly, can be found at craft stores, such as Hobby Lobby or Micheal's, in the doll-making aisle, next to the Teddy Bear kits. They merely need a little tweeking to match the desired outfit.

Hair: Bumpits add volume, however can be dificult to manuever in some cases, such as mine as I am of the African-American persuasion. A cheaper look would also be to buy an Afro wig in your hair color, as the Afro's come in many colors and sizes, while the cheapest Marie Antoinette inspired wigs can run around $60.

Makeup: Pressing Powders are the best, yet become expensive. For example, the smalles bottle of powder in "Geisha white" is $5.00, yet requires a $5.00 setting liquid. Cheaper makeup would be in the form of Rimmel London, Covergirl or NYX foundation or Powder in the lightest colors (and work if you have actors of color, such as myself). The Cheapest yet most vibrate of colors come in the form of Wet 'n' Wild, NYX, E.L.F., and Hard Candy.

If any of you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to post, as I can always use extra ideas for my low-budget historical films and etc.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 am
Noble
Noble

Post Re: For the Budgeting Filmmaker, or fan...
For hair, I've found this video on youtube to be extremely helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Er1dVbFn_M
All you need is hairspray, hot sticks (or hot rollers or whatever you use to curl your hair), and two sock buns.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Noble
Noble

Post Re: For the Budgeting Filmmaker, or fan...
Cool that you are a filmmaker...I am also an indie filmmaker...I have one film already...Working with a group to do #2...I'm a co-producer and will be an actor in said film...I acted in our first film...I've been an actor in 5 indies...I'd love to be involved with any part of the production of a film on the life of Marie-Antoinette and the Court of Versailles...

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]