Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Help Please 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Help Please
Ok, a bit of help is needed. I am working on a piece and the topic is Marie Antoinette in moder culture. How do you think she would act? How would she dress? Would she be wealthy? Please, explain your views.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:15 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Help Please
Hi!
I think you should find something about this topic in previous threads: there was something about the music she would listen to, clothes she would wear, etc.
But maybe the topic "MA in modern culture" woukd be interesting under another point of view, i.e. seeing how her image is present in the popular mind today. Here, as well, there was thread, something like "MA in popular culture". Of course an analyses of modern movies about her could be a good start!

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you very much! :)

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:39 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I had a similar thought the other evening sitting in the cinema watching the typically noisy aggressive "in your face" series of trailers for coming films. I suddenly imagined how the Queen or any of the courtiers or members of her family would have reacted if suddenly transposed without warning in front of that 21st century screen. Imagine the fear, the panic, the incomprehension. Their reaction would be similar I'm sure to a frightened pet, they would want to flee! And this would be followed by the shock, the outrage and then the questions, endless questions, the mistrust, the inability to reconcile this virtual world with their own world of firm reality where the virtual could only be an emanation of the surreal.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I think Marie Antoinette, once acclimated to her new surroundings, would get along quite well. She was a very adaptable creature, considering her journey to a completely foreign country at the age of 14. I could just picture her jet setting across all of the globe with her entourage!!!!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, for some reason i imagine her as a wealthy woman but rather distant. I dont think she would be as social as she used to be.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 pm
Also find the way how she talk, she live and many more things about her personal life.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:23 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

She'd be somewhere between Princess Diana and Paris Hilton, with lots of coverage in the fashion pages, a few key charities to promote and the usual paparazzi-driven mini-scandals. She would probably repeatedly say, "I just want to live my life, like everybody else" while shifting her face to give the photographers the best angle.

(Forgive me if I'm cynical, but I live in Los Angeles, after all.)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

haha! Yes, I do agree that she would be very kind and yet a socialite! Like a Jakie O kind of woman perhaps.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 pm
Noble
Noble

Yes...I see MA as a Diana-like figure... :glasses:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Ree wrote:
Yes...I see MA as a Diana-like figure... :glasses:

No... I can't agree on that :)
Unlike Diana, she did not have a choice. Did not choose her husband and the life at Verseilles by herself. Her fame was a result of the position she was born into. She was interested in fashion. Most women are! But I don't think she would want to be so much in the public eye.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don't think Diana really chose her husband! Would you have chosen him?! :lol:

She was a Spencer, a descendant of the famous Duchess of Devonshire, and most probably a virgin, and as such just fitted the bill.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:44 am
Noble
Noble

Diana supposedly had a picture of Charles on her bedroom wall as a teenager...Her family teased her about having a crush on him...Called her "Duch" for duchess...The seed was there for a romantic girl to be considered as a future Queen...

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

baron de batz wrote:
I don't think Diana really chose her husband! Would you have chosen him?! :lol:

No! I would have left him be happy with Camilla :mrgreen: But... it's always easy to say something like this in hindsight. Diana was young and thought she could change him.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

While I have this thread open, I was wondering if I could have a little more help...I was wondering if someone could help me find an image....I thought I saw it in a book once, but since then I seem to have lost the book because I cant find it anywhere! It was a picture of a diamond bracelet fiven to Antoinette (I want to say for her wedding but I could be wrong) and it has the MA cipher on the clasp. I really want to get tattoo of the cipher and I know this is the image I want, I just cant find it! Is there anyone who can help? :lol:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]