Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 18th century themed wedding 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post 18th century themed wedding
Whenever I turn on the TV there is something about weddings! Not some intelligent shows but I am already accused of liking to watch such poor TV program! :) But now I stumbled upon a show that showed the couple that wanted to spend quite a lot of money to bring the Venetian carnival into their wedding! They had around 200 guests and even asked them to dress in the 18th clothes, plus they bought some Venetian masks for all. The bride bought a wedding gown that with a few modifications became the 18th century bridal dress. They booked a really beautiful banquet hall with a lot of space for dancing, that really resembled the 18th century ball room with the right decorations (chandeliers on every table etc.) Also they hired one or two performers to even more get close to that carnival atmosphere. They made a lot of effort and in all it costed them around 50 000 dollars. Was it worth it? It did look quite stunning but of course just a half of guests wore the costumes. In the end they played the same modern music they would play on a normal wedding. I found that mixture of drunk men dancing on pop in the ties with the ladies in the gowns quite disgusting. I really didn't like how it ended. I think it is better to make a "normal" wedding with some 18th century details and the rest of the money spend to go to Venice carnival and enjoy the 100% 18th century parties. What do you think about bringing the 18th century to, for example, your wedding?

And something more about the 18th century weddings -
http://www.wondersandmarvels.com/2008/1 ... stoms.html

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: 18th century themed wedding
I do think that 50.000 is a lot to spend for a wedding and so often people get these costume do's all wrong and just end up looking stupid. I woud rather rent out some kind of real 18th Château for the night (which you can do here in France) and ask people to make an effort to dress up. Its' easy enough to make one's own place look 18th century like as well for a party, even though its' a budget for sure!) I made my flat look pretty atmospheric (some people from the forum have seen it, like Lilly and Anouk)!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I agree, having the themed wedding wouldn't be my choice, would be hard enough to force the groom to go through it.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I also feel that all these imitations always end up looking tacky somehow. It wouldn't be my choice. Plus, interest in the XVIII century is not the main criterium when finding a man ! so if the interest is not shared, I think it would indeed be hard to force your husband into it. :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:41 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The man who I am dating is not interested in this at all! I can't imagine telling him that he has to wear tight stockings. :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:13 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Very funny! :lol:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]