Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012 
Author Message
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:






One can say what one likes about England's political system, the fact is that everything gets such a thorough going over in the House of Commons that by the time it gets to the Lords it is almost a formality! I don't think that that is the case in France!




You did not answer my point about the referendum, the voting system, the role of the House of Lord both as a Chamber and as a supreme Court and its legitimacy, the immunity of the Queen, the European Charter of Human rights and so on.


"One can say what one likes" is not an argument especially as you were the one that broached this subject.


As Lenin said, do not start a battle you cannot win.

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
I'm not getting personal here Ludy.

I do deny provoking you and not out of any virtuous sentiment!

I do not know of any of any equivalent to the September massacres in England and do not believe my countrymen capable of cutting off one of their princess' pubis to sport it as a moustache.

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
I'm not getting personal here Ludy.

I do deny provoking you and not out of any virtuous sentiment!

I do not know of any of any equivalent to the September massacres in England and do not believe my countrymen capable of cutting off one of their princess' pubis to sport it as a moustache.


Well, because facts were not so extensively reported or because you do not know them does not mean it did not happen. I am afraid that violence is part of human nature, and that claiming there there was no lynching in England is preposterous. Maybe reading the documents I have provided you with will enlighten you, although you shall not find all the juicy details you like to dwell on ! :lol:


And I am not getting personal, and I am not suprised that you deny it, the contrary would have surprised me, to say the least ! :lol:

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Last edited by Ludy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
I do not believe my countrymen capable of cutting off one of their princess' pubis to sport it as a moustache.


So what IS your point ? that the French are naturally savage and the Britons naturally civilized ?

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:11 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
No-one can give England any lessons about European rights of man!

The Queen's rôle works just fine for me...she is representative of the people and loved by them. Its' difficult for someone who is French to understand that. We just trust her, and those who will follow her. As I would have trusted Louis XVI. She is head of the Church of England, that just reaffirms the sense of trust we have in her. As for the Lords it can overthrow rulings but generally it respects the majority vote of the Commons. the system has worked well for hundreds of years and I think that you cannot say that England is not a true democracy. And in England we have an active, if not too active press, another guarantor of the freedom of the working man against misrule. In France you just can't write the same stuff! You KNOW its' true, you live here!!!

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:15 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
No-one can give England any lessons about European rights of man!

The Queen's rôle works just fine for me...she is representative of the people and loved by them. Its' difficult for someone who is French to understand that. We just trust her, and those who will follow her. As I would have trusted Louis XVI. She is head of the Church of England, that just reaffirms the sense of trust we have in her. As for the Lords it can overthrow rulings but generally it respects the majority vote of the Commons. the system has worked well for hundreds of years and I think that you cannot say that England is not a true democracy. And in England we have an active, if not too active press, another guarantor of the freedom of the working man against misrule. In France you just can't write the same stuff! You KNOW its' true, you live here!!!


I want facts not your opinion about the Queen. I was talking about her legal statute, especially as regards as the criminal responsability is concerned. What you say is purely "you know it is a latin acountry" "you know it is like that" ... these are no arguments grounded on hard facts.

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Last edited by Ludy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
No-one can give England any lessons about European rights of man!


Oh yes ? So what about the law I mentioned ? Another groundless argument.

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:18 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Ludy wrote:

So what IS your point ? that the French are naturally savage and the Britons naturally civilized ?



Well just a little bit...yes.... :wink:

But it makes them very sexy! :lol:

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
Ludy wrote:

So what IS your point ? that the French are naturally savage and the Britons naturally civilized ?



Well just a little bit...yes.... :wink:

But it makes them very sexy! :lol:


...

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Of course I am taliking post 5/10/89!

Before that there was no douceur de vivre such as that found in France, as Talleyrand said.

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Last edited by baron de batz on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Thanks for that enthralling debate that was so much based on facts and so little on opinions and prejudices.

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Last edited by Ludy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Ludy wrote:

Well, because facts were not so extensively reported or because you do not know them does not mean it did not happen

Oh Ludy that's not worthy of you...that's so weak!!!

One cannot just hypothesize!

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Ok but I still think I won on points..say 6 rounds to 5! :lol:

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
Ludy wrote:

......especially as regards the criminal responsability is concerned

The most criminal thing our Queen is likely to do is put a bit too much gin in her gin and tonic! Its' just impossible for a child of a revolution that killed its' monarchy 250 years ago to understand that. We trust her, she can be completely immune if she wants! No Englishman even asks himself that question! We're not talking about French Presidents here: you know how divided people are about them. Sarkozy had 72% negative opinions recently amoing "his" own people! :shock:

I know you have never been to England. I suggest you go there and then we'll talk. I have lived here almost as long as you have. I'm better placad to judge, I know both sides of the question very well. I'm willing to bet you all you like you will agree with me afterwards! :)

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 653
Location: Paris
Post Re: All the best to all of you for this special season and 2012
baron de batz wrote:
Ludy wrote:


I know you have never been to England. I suggest you go there and then we'll talk. I have lived here almost as long as you have. I'm better placad to judge, I know both sides of the question very well. I'm willing to bet you all you like you will agree with me afterwards! :)


Thanks. Another non personal attack.

_________________
" Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.