Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hiya 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Hiya
Hello, there! I suppose I'm supposed to say something about myself here. My interest in Marie Antoinette is, a confess, sort of secondary to my fascination with the French Revolution in general, particularly Robespierre. But I've always had an attraction to the ancient dynasties, so Marie Antoinette couldn't have escaped my notice. She really is a fascinating woman, and I've always been sympathetic towards historical figures who had their reputations completely besmirched by their enemies - Marie Antoinette fits the bill wonderfully so I did some research...and here I am.

Heh, but again, my principle interest was at first in the Revolution, as are my sympathies until they got too guillotine happy, so I probably have a different perspective/bias on how she was treated than other people here. But perhaps that'll make for good discussions? Or me crying in a corner, ashamed of how wrong I was. Frankly I think both sound fun. :D I look forward to talking with all of you. ^.^

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:11 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Hiya
Hi Vive, you're most welcome here. We like people who know their history and your contributions will be very gratefully received :)

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Welcome here.

I would dare to say that I love Robespierre a lot, so you will not be alone on here. :wink:
Without being a Republican, I am very positive about the Revolution by and large.

By reading about the Queen, you will find that she was an amazing woman, influential and charismatic. I do not stand by what she did, but I look up to her as a person.

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Adrienne wrote:
Hi Vive, you're most welcome here. We like people who know their history and your contributions will be very gratefully received :)

Thank you! I'm glad to hear it. But as for "knowing my history" I'm still woefully ignorant on quite a few details, so you'll have to forgive me if I make a bumbling error now and again.

Ludy wrote:
Welcome here.

I would dare to say that I love Robespierre a lot, so you will not be alone on here. :wink:
Without being a Republican, I am very positive about the Revolution by and large.

By reading about the Queen, you will find that she was an amazing woman, influential and charismatic. I do not stand by what she did, but I look up to her as a person.

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Thank you very much for the welcome. :angel4:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Where are you from ?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Curioisty kiiled the cat! :)

In fact Ludy is our very own "tricoteuse!" She would have been as guillotine happy as they get!

Just like in 'Alice'....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

By the way welcome here! :)

We just love woefully ignorant people here!

It makes us feel SO superior! :lol:

No honestly your introduction already made me laugh! We shall have fun, and I"m sure its' just false modesy! :wink:

Last edited by baron de batz on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

By the way you're from the states....

Two clues....Hiya and "I'm so hot"....because being hot in England means feeling rather too warm. :)

Whereas in the States.......... :wink:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

baron de batz wrote:
Curioisty kiiled the cat! :)

In fact Ludy is our very own "tricoteuse!" She would have been as guillotine happy as they get!

Just like in 'Alice'....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! :lol:

I imagined myself as a tad more on the intellectual side, but that is fine by me.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Wow. Thank you for the warm welcome. So many questions and comments. I feel welcomed. Huzzah!

To answer your question Ludy, as someone used excellent deduction to discern, I am from the United States. So my claim to ignorance may be more than just modesty. ;) But in all seriousness, I actually have done some research, but I'm not so arrogant to claim to be an expert in any field. So when I do make a bumbling error - as I inevitably will - feel free to track me down and slap me over the head with some blunt object. I probably have it coming.

As for my avatar, I guess you're right: it is maybe using a turn of phrase that only an American like me would wield. But I also have one with him in shades. Maybe I'll change it to make the joke more universally amusing. :D

And I'm glad to hear that there is someone else here on similar ideological grounds. Vive le Revolution, eh, Ludy? :3

Thanks again!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:34 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Bienvenue! Hope you enjoy your time with us! :wink:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome to the forum Vive! I'm sure between you and Ludy, you girls could kick up some dust around here!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:47 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Vive wrote:

To answer your question Ludy, as someone used excellent deduction to discern, I am from the United States. So my claim to ignorance may be more than just modesty. ;)

I love clichés, the Americans are ignorant, the French are cowards, the Russians are brave and the Spanish are proud ... :lol: :lol:

Honestly you seem to master the subject well already, especially as it is not your national history in the first place. And you avatar rocks !)

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The avatar with the shades is really cool I must say! :)

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

What an inspiring new member, will get me back on the forum... :lol:

And yes, there are somethings about the revolution that I support as well...

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]