Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Question About Off-Season Visit 
Peasant
Peasant

Post Question About Off-Season Visit
Hello everyone! I must say I've really enjoyed reading through all the amazing facts and discussions on this forum. I realize it's not as active as it once was, but it is a treasure trove of details that has gotten me really excited about my upcoming trip to Versailles. :o

I'll be in Paris March 11-15 and I plan on spending an entire day at Versailles. I've booked the "passport" ticket and also a private English tour ticket (private apartments of Louis XV and Louis XVI). I visited Versailles over the summer (June 2011) but we ran out of time before going to see the Petite Trianon and the Hameau. These are what I really want to see the most! But I was a little confused when it came to what my ticket price included.

On the main Versailles website under "opening times" it has the following listed as "areas open to visitors" :

Trianon Palaces and Marie-Antoinette's Estate
From 1 November to 31 March: Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, gardens, Queen’s Hamlet, Temple of Love, English Garden
From 1 April to 31 October: Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, gardens, Chapel, French Pavilion, Queen’s Theatre (from the vestibule), Temple of Love, Grotto, English Garden, Dairy, Queen’s Hamlet.

Does this mean that during my visit I cannot see the Grotto, Dairy, English Garden, etc? Is there a way of blocking these areas off from visitors in the winter? I don't want a tour, I would just like to see them myself and maybe take some photos. Since I haven't been to this area personally, I'm not sure what it means when they are not listed in the 1 November to 31 March category.

Thanks so much!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Question About Off-Season Visit
Baron is the best person to answer this question.....

I have been to Versailles several times, and what I am taking this to mean is, that the door to the dairy won't be open for you to see inside, the Theatre will be closed so that you will not be able to view inside. The buildings will be viewable, as the dairy is part of the Hamlet. The Chapel itself may be closed off, and the Pavillion, but the structure will be viewable. I may have posted photos of these places on this thread.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

As far as I know the only thing that you won't be able to see is the Belvedère at Trianon which is cordoned off because of renovation works, or was the last time I went.

The theatre should be open to view from the vestibule, obviously before 16:30 or so.

A very good idea to see the private appartments! :)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

By the way did you introduce yourself? Did i miss it? :)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

tphantom wrote:
Hello everyone! I must say I've really enjoyed reading through all the amazing facts and discussions on this forum. I realize it's not as active as it once was,

Truth hurts !

Please feel free to take part in our discussions on here.)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

But it seems to be picking up a bit! :)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 am
Peasant
Peasant

No I haven't introduced myself, but I will pop over there and do so now. :)

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]