Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Louis XVI's faults 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Louis XVI's faults
I have heard that An American Dynasty is a very good book! I only meant that George W. really is considered a Texan due to being raised there. In the US, Texas is perhaps one of the most proud States. It is a trademark of being from "The Lone Star" state to wear Cowboy boots and hats. Almost a must for rich Texans - ha-ha!
Texas (and California) are almost considered to be States unto themselves.

I totally understand what you are saying about access to sources. What can you do if you don't have access? Don't worry about it! On the flip side, I have almost everything written in English - including Haslip, which you've said you like. I actually have a couple books, including Haslip, which somehow I acquired doubles of. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you a couple of books.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:22 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh it is so nice of you to say this !!! I wanted to PM you btw, I'm going to the US pretty soon - it happened by chance : I found an intership. It is not in Texas though.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 am
Royalty
Royalty

Oh, how exciting for you!!! PM and tell me where?!

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Lilly wrote:

I totally understand what you are saying about access to sources. What can you do if you don't have access? Don't worry about it! On the flip side, I have almost everything written in English - including Haslip, which you've said you like. I actually have a couple books, including Haslip, which somehow I acquired doubles of. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you a couple of books.

I think he's got that typical drawl I have always found very charming !

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ludy wrote:

In this precise discussion it is obvious that it was but a snotty way to put me in a tight spot, given that the Baron knew perfectly I could not provide him with a quote.

I have to defend my honour here a bit!

I give you my word Ludy that I had completely forgotten that I had lent you that book! I'm pretty forgetful of details! You quote it so confidentlly that I innocently thought you had it in your possession. I now do remember in hindsight that I lent it to you You probably won't believe me but I give my word on this. There was absolutely no intention to humiliate anyone and of course you can't refer to it. However your memory is much better than mine on what these authors write, as I lent it to ypu quite a long time ago I think! :)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

:angryfire:

Last edited by Ludy on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Believe what you like Ludy! This is all way over the top!

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6