Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Why could Louis not get Marie Antoinette pregnant? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Why could Louis not get Marie Antoinette pregnant?
To help you, here is a copy paste. Breathe in, concentrate :

Well, we have to agree to disagree.

The fact that Marie-Antoinette was not a beauty is in fact confirmed by many of the reports. You really have to pay attention on how they are written (the grammar and the words used) because those people were diplomats and the Martyr Queen could hardly be citicized : when a description of any Royal is full of grammatical concession words such as "though" or "although", it hardly bodes well. In fact, even those who wanted to say only positive things had trouble praising her appearance. Vermont for instance had to admit that her facial features were in fact unpleasant, but overall she was charming. That must not be taken at face value ! In fact, any Royal ugly girl from Royal origin enjoyed such a treatment, even the repuslive Maria-Anna of Bavaria or Maria-Theresia of Spain. The way the descriptions are written is in fact more important than what is actually written, because it is the XVIII century high society here ! Those people were born diplomats, and saying an Archduchess was unattractive was an offense to Austria.

And one must not forget that a lot of this was written after the Queen's death, when the legend already embroidered a lot of things.

Reading Tilly between the lines, all he says is that, although Marie-Antoinette was a good fit for the throne, she was in no way attractive. Summing it up, her beauty boiled down to her arms and shoulders. Even if we admit that Tilly had quarrelled it with her, then Madame Vigée Lebrun says just the same thing, though in even more diplomatical terms.

... OUF.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:13 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh whatever that's tooo booooooooooooring.

Farewell.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ah yes....missed that! :oops:

Still you do say "between the lines"....and there's nothing between the lines! :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yawn.

You're right there's nothing, nothing, nothing, nooooooooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng, nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:19 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

And Marie-Antoinette was a stunner. Stunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Sorry Ludy, I do not understand your point here, besides joking at Baron. I did, however, greatly enjoy your previous discussions with him!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Délicate fleur wrote:
Sorry Ludy, I do not understand your point here, besides joking at Baron. I did, however, greatly enjoy your previous discussions with him!

I grew tired at a discussion, which was mainly between myself and myself, given that our dear Baron is a very good writer but I am not so sure he is that a good a reader, when it comes to my posts at least ! At that time every discussion ended up with a debate between me and Baron de Batz, which was extremely tiresome.

It is good to see you back Délicate Fleur, I thought you had given up posting on here, and it would have been a great loss considering how well-read you are.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:17 am
Royalty
Royalty

I have been reading regularly but seeing as my wedding is 2 days away I have been a little occupied! :lol:

I will be back from my honeymoon on the 18th. Thank you for your kind words, I do enjoy reading and intellectual stimulation!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4