Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Another "Marie Antoinette" perfume? Black Jade by Lubin. 
Post Another "Marie Antoinette" perfume? Black Jade by Lubin.
Another perfume alleged to be created based on the ingredients of a perfume favored by Marie Antoinette has been released, this time called "Black Jade" by Lubin.

The description given by Lubin:

"Marie Antoinette, the infamous young queen of France -- initially loved by the people for her charm and beauty, she became an international symbol of decadent luxury. Naturally her court had a royal perfumer, Jean-Louis Fargeon, and, naturally, he created an opulent, no-expenses-spared fragrance exclusively for her. Inspired by her rose-filled garden at Le Petit Trianon, this mysterious concoction was kept in a black jade flask which the queen kept with her at all times. Luckily for us, the perfumer had a young apprentice, Pierre Lubin, who paid closer attention to the formula for this elixir than perhaps he should have. Known in the House of Lubin for years as “jardin secret”, the formula has been newly revived with the help of one of Marie’s black jade bottles that had been hidden away by a confidante. Fittingly, it is now known as Black Jade."

Lubin opened a boutique in 1798, claiming to sell "the last French court's beauty secrets," so I do wonder if Lubin was pulling somewhat of a Madame Tussaud with his "jardin secret/'Marie Antoinette'" perfume... but I received two samples today from Luckyscent.com and I'm surprised to actually enjoy it. I'm not usually one for perfume (I prefer body sprays!) but it after some "eek!" potency in the bottle, it opens up to some nice soft floral notes on the skin.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.a ... l_Bastille

The sample option is now gone, but the perfume is also backordered so I hope they will bring it back when they have more stock so people can try out the perfume!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:25 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Another "Marie Antoinette" perfume? Black Jade by Lubin.
I looked at the link u set up. I wish the offer was still out because did u see the price? Ouch!! Will have to save to smell that scent. It is a pretty bottle though.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I was thinking of getting the four dollar sample just to see what it's like! I would feel guilty spending that amount on perfume, but I am simply too curious to ignore this. And I adore floral scents.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Woodland Nymph wrote:
I was thinking of getting the four dollar sample just to see what it's like! I would feel guilty spending that amount on perfume, but I am simply too curious to ignore this. And I adore floral scents.

Just to let you know, I got a small flacon of Black Jade yesterday. It came in a nice white satin box. And I expected something like Bulgari's Rose Essentielle, something light and floral...

To my surprise, it's rather a heavy fragrance and nothing that would remind me of a rose garden. So... no jasmine, no roses, the emphasis is on amber, cardamom and sandalwood. For me it's more like a man's soap. And it's very intense! You put just a little of it and it stays with you the whole day :angel10:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Hm thank you so much for the input, Chocolat. I'm a little disappointed to hear that the scent is light on the roses and jasmine; but I will still give it a try to see (or smell) for myself.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]