Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Fashion style 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Fashion style
There a lot of topics in this forum about "What would MA do if she lived today?", but there isn't one about fashion yet.
So: what do you think she would wear today? What would be her fashion style?

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:21 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Fashion style
Because she would be a Queen today as well, she would be so aristocratic. She'd wear really nice skirts (pale blue or white) and silk or something soft material blouse with nice decolletage.
Though it is a bit hard to imagine her in our world! She would wondered...

Last edited by Anouk on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:25 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I am afraid that M.A. would lose her good taste (the 18th century rules of fashion). Since she was very into the fashion and luxury I am afraid that she would start following some new trends that are completely opposite to her time but very popular today.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:36 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

In my opinion, she would have a style that would be extravagant in a way, but never vulgar. I think she would have good taste even today, because taste is a natural gift, and circumstances can't change it so much. It wouldn't be a kind of plain, compassed good taste, though. I figure her with light or bright colours, maybe paiettes on her shirt, and noticeable sunglasses by some famous brand.
If she was a queen, she wouldn't dress like most of the queen, her style would be more noticeable and could in some occasions create scandal.
If she wasn't, she would be just the kind of woman you look at when she passes in front of you. :D
And she would be very attentive to fashion, of course: she would read a lot of fashion magazines!

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I don't think she would have read them. She would be the inspiration for fashion magazines! :D

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, that's maybe true :lol:

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:51 am
Royalty
Royalty

I think she would indeed read the fashion magazines and select what she liked from there. :]

And then inspire fashion magazines!

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, she would probably be attentive to fashion, but also creative. She wouldn't just follow trends, she would create trends!

Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 pm
Noble
Noble

Her style would be something like the style of Prinses Diana

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Hi, all! While I'm betting that if Marie-Antoinette were here in our time she would have a great deal of fun having the best designers create awesome clothes for her, I get the impression that she would also be often seen in comfortable old blue jeans and T-shirts, being perhaps a bit tomboyish. Perhaps her hair would be stylishly short, too.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm
Peasant
Peasant

Rosalie wrote:
In my opinion, she would have a style that would be extravagant in a way, but never vulgar. I think she would have good taste even today, because taste is a natural gift, and circumstances can't change it so much. It wouldn't be a kind of plain, compassed good taste, though. I figure her with light or bright colours, maybe paiettes on her shirt, and noticeable sunglasses by some famous brand.
If she was a queen, she wouldn't dress like most of the queen, her style would be more noticeable and could in some occasions create scandal.
If she wasn't, she would be just the kind of woman you look at when she passes in front of you. :D
And she would be very attentive to fashion, of course: she would read a lot of fashion magazines!

Her style would be something like the style of Prinses Diana
I agree more.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:02 am
Peasant
Peasant

Hi Rosalie!

If you have a talent for fashion design, you need to begin with basic fashion design clothing. Best of women's clothing is available on this website - citronclothing :)

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]