Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 June 20th Invasion of the Tuilieres 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post June 20th Invasion of the Tuilieres
Today for the first time (that I can recall) I read about how on the invasion of the Tuilieres by the Mob on the 20th of June 1792 that the mob attempted to make Marie Antoinette wear the cap of Liberty (like they were doing to her husband) but she refused it. (that is so awesome)

I thought it was a fascinating story. But I don't remember ever reading about it up until this point...

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The day of June 20, 1792 was horrible for the royal family: they saw ravelling in the Tileries during long hours full heinous and threatening people … Louis XVI was obliged to wear the tricolour rosette, and Louis-Charles was obliged to wear the red bonnet…. Marie-Antoinette was insulted too.
But this day was a scandal, because the mayor of Paris, Pétion, did nothing to prevent that… :?

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

oh Yes It sounds dreadful...but about MA Refusing the cap of Liberty...is that a commonly known story? (Cause Ihad never read about it til yesterday. What a courage move it was )

I've also read/ heard that on June 20th a man lunged at Louis XVI and he threw him out the window? I've also heard that MA threw a vase at revolutionary when he lunged at her :shock:

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:20 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Marie Thèrése wrote in her memoirs - that a woman wanted to place the Bonnet Rouge on Louis Charles head: “… My mother was forced to let her place it on her son’s head; as for us, we were obliged to put cockades on our heads.”

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:16 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ah yes I had forgotten that Marie-Thérèse also had to put a cockades... What an humiliating day... :?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Marie Thèrése wrote in her memoirs - that a woman wanted to place the Bonnet Rouge on Louis Charles head: “… My mother was forced to let her place it on her son’s head; as for us, we were obliged to put cockades on our heads.”

Did MA as well? Is she part of the us?
I have MArie Therese's memoirs around somewhere...I'll have to go look for them.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:06 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

From EM Vidal's blog, Mme Royale's account of the storming of the Tuileries:
http://teaattrianon.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... -1792.html
It looks like the print of the king surrounded by the mob is from a later date.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]